To continue to keep staff and members safe, we are not currently receiving visitors in to PlayBase.
However, this should not be a barrier as we encourage you to access the borrowing of resources by:
– Browsing our updated catalogues on our web site in the Resources section
– Ordering resources directly through the web site by email, quoting catalogue numbers
– Phoning us directly – 0131 654 9990 – with requests. We can quickly put things together to meet your needs.
– Emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org for any other requests
PlayBase – What we do
We are a Scottish Charitable Incorporated Organisation working in partnership and funded by Midlothian Council. We provide a lending service of good quality educational resources to Early Learning & Childcare professionals and Peep practitioners in Midlothian. Our resources aim to support all areas of a child’s development and offer broader learning through play experiences.
Educational Resource Centre
We offer a wide range of exciting resources supporting creative learning through; Music & Dance, Small World, Loose Parts, Literacy & Numeracy and much more. In addition our Exploration and Discovery Resources boxes support and extend many interests.
- Provide quality resources to improve the learning through play opportunities and experiences of children
- Provide quality resources to support a child’s cognitive, emotional, social and physical development through play
- Provide a range of appropriate educational resources to support staff working with children
- Provide an inclusive service of good quality educational resources through an affordable membership fee structure
PlayBase observes Early Years national and local policy and supports the Scottish Government’s objectives of high quality play opportunities in every community. Through its membership base it supports the implementation of GIRFEC, Pre-Birth to Three, Curriculum for Excellence and Building the Ambition by providing examples of good practice and quality resources aimed to extend and enhance a child’s learning through play experiences.